Friday, December 17, 2010

Reset

The above is the title to perhaps my favorite Outkast song. Outkast and I have a very special relationship, as for four months starting in 2006, they were all I could listen to. Listening to them now brings me back to that time instantly. But honestly, even without listening to "Reset", I know that's exactly what I need.

Honestly, all this guy stuff is just getting to be a pain. All these mixed messages are really bringing me down. My father says there are no mixed messages. A man either says yes or no and if you can't tell, he's saying no. Well, if that's the case, a lot of men are saying no to me lately and it's bugging me because I'm the kind of girl men should say yes to. I'm not being egotistical either. When I go to the dating sites and the message boards and read the men's magazines, they all describe a woman that's like me, and I wonder, "Well, why aren't I finding any of these men who want me? They seem to be everywhere but where I am, apparently."

So I've decided to take a reset. A return to my home in Austin, to my family, to my friends from elementary school, to the place that's me, that gets me, that will always want me, no matter how much of a "city girl" I become. It's the holidays, and I've already told y'all it's a hard time for me, regardless of having family and friends to talk to on the phone. No, by holiday time, I need a major dose of them, up close and personal. That's what gets me through the rest of the year in this crazy NYC. Because I may be a reformed Southern gal, but I'll always be country in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment