Friday, January 14, 2011

Vasilopita!! Opa!!


For those who don't know, Vasilopita is a Greek bread served on New Year's Day. I'll spare you the details (as I don't really know them), but it's always served on St. Basil's Day (January 1st), and it contains a coin hidden inside. Whoever gets the piece that contains the coin gets a year of good luck.


The King cake (pictured above) has the same lore attached. Inside, you can find a coin or a tiny baby figurine and receive good luck, and sometimes it means you'll have to bake/buy next year's cake.

Anyway, I NEVER win things like this! I've never guessed the right amount of candies in a jar. I've never won a raffle. I very rarely won bingo and never for any big prizes. Honestly, this was kind of a big deal. I hope it is as fortuitous as it claims to be. With the release of this album, my weight loss, my new relationship goals, ETC. ETC., I could use all the luck I can get this year. I'm really excited and this is a great omen! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment